Sunday, November 6, 2011

Barbados 2011

Hello Friends!  Well, my lack of blogging the past week has nothing to do with morning sickness and EVERYTHING to do with being on vacation!!!  (MUCH better than morning sickness I may add...I'll take a blogging break for vacation any day)! 

Our family journeyed to Barbados with the company my husband works for!  It was the first time Eva and Jaden have been out of the country and they were PUMPED.  I wish I would have videotaped Eva watching the customs officer to MAKE SURE he stamped her passport.  It was a very big deal in her little 6 year old world!

Here are some pics to share with ya'll from our days of fun in the sun....

When I tell you the water was crystal clear and amazingly warm I mean it.  I've been to a few different islands in the Caribbean and Barbados has some of the most beautiful water I've ever seen.

Me with my little ones!  I love watching them play and discover things on the beach....if you remember from previous posts it reminds me of time I spent on the beach as a child.  Such wonderful memories to be made when enjoying the ocean!

Eva doing a Bajan dance with a local woman!  After she was done she came up to Matt and I and said, "That was SOOOOO fun!!!!"

Our family.  This picture was taken at the Welcome dinner one of the first nights we were there.  These dinners are always absolutely beautiful and the food is amazing.

We introduced our children to virgin cocktails while we were there....and proceeded to have to cut them off at one drink a day.  We also informed them that these were special "vacation treats" so we didn't have them asking for them every. single. time we went out for dinner!!!  Ha!

Anyone that knows my little girl knows that she was totally in her element playing baseball on the beach with our friend Ben!  I had to tell Ben that he could stop whenever he felt like it...she would be willing to play all day!

Jaden and his buddy Hayden jumping waves!!!

Love the colors in this picture....the ocean really was unbelievable (oh, and love that little man too)!!!

Matt and a few of his dealers went deep sea fishing one day.  They brought the fish they caught  back to the resort and one of the restaurants cooked them up for them for lunch!  SO cool!  I love their view...can't beat that for outdoor dining!

There was an old fort on the side of the resort dating back hundreds of years.  Jaden loved the canons...he was pretty sure pirates used them.  I loved the way the waves crashed up against the sea wall!

Matt and the kids took a ride aboard the Atlantis Submarine!!  I wasn't able to go since I am pregnant...but they sure loved it!  They went down about 150 feet and saw all kinds of sea life, corals, and even a shipwreck!

This little guy looooves body surfing!!  His form was perfect! ♥

This little girl looooves boogie boarding (especially when her Uncle Jeff would take her farther out to ride the waves in)!! 

Matt and I with my sis and her husband!  ♥

The hotel had four pools....but the kids thought the infinity pool was pretty special!  I thought it was beautiful too!

Me and my little lady.  Love her.

We ate at some amazing restaurants...places that were literally on cliffs overlooking the water where the sea crashed against the seawall and you could feel the mist of the ocean.  Honestly, I've never ate in more beautiful settings....but our little man only ever made it through about half of the meals.  Even with a nap the sun and sea wore him out (and I sure loved cuddling him)!

Eva and Jaden right before the farewell cocktail hour and dinner.  I hate to be one to brag, but they could not have been better on this trip.  During dinners with Matt's dealers they sat and participated in the conversation, used their best table manners, and were honestly like little adults at the table!  We were blessed with so many compliments on what good kiddos they are!  We've got keepers that's for sure! ♥

Farewell cocktail hour at the Old Fort....beautiful. 

Many of our meals had formal settings and Eva really took an interest in learning what silverware was appropriate for each course.  By the end of the trip she had it down - even Matt was impressed!  She would get excited when she noticed dessert utensils because that meant dessert would be served!  My favorite moment was half way during the week (when she was still learning what each fork, spoon, and knife meant) she was served a course of steak on rice.  I watched her scratch her head...look at the utensils she had left...and then said, "Which one is my rice fork?" 

My two favorite boys...watching the sun set.  Love them both!  ♥

This picture gives you another look at how beautiful the water was!!

I know I'm crazy, but I love crabs.  I think they are so stinkin' cute!  We saw LOTS of them while we were there!

Eva got her hair braided by a local woman on our last day.  Adorable.


In all just an absolutely wonderful vacation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful as is your family! Memories get more precious as you get older, take it from someone "older".
Dad F

Unknown said...

WOW! The pictures are amazing...the colors are beautiful. What a blessing to be able to be at a place like that with your little family!!!! Awesome!