Friday, April 23, 2010

Sometimes you hit the Mother Load....

I am definitely a girl that looooves a good bargain....but I would not call myself a garage sale girl. When I was teaching I use to love garage sales because I could find all kinds of treasures for my classroom...but since I have left the teaching profession I feel that all I seem to find is junk. I may stop at a few a year...but had decided they were a big waste of time.

Until today.

Eva had school today and a nearby neighborhood was having their annual garage sale. I decided it may be fun to walk around it for a little bit while Eva was in school so Jaden and I picked up my mom and away we went looking for treasures (but deep down knowing full well I probably wasn't going to find a darn thing).

One of our first stops I found my first treasure....I have actually wanted this item for my children for some time but never coughed up the dough to purchase it.

Oh yes...it's the Melissa and Doug puppet theater....and this one came with NINE puppets. I am slightly obsessed with Melissa and Doug toys. I love that they are made of quality material...usually wood. I love that they don't have crazy lights and noises as distractions - they honestly foster a child's imagination. This set was in wonderful shape and priced right! I added up about what it would have cost me had I purchased in a store and it would have been WELL over $200. I got a deal. I was super pumped.

Another garage sale we were at had this little gem....
The Pampered Chef Chillzane platter. I've actually looked at this before as I thought it would be great with the pool - but never coughed up the approximately $65 it costs to purchase one. Well my friends, I got one NEVER USED and STILL IN THE BOX for $5. Yes, you read that correctly. Again...I was pumped.

My last deal of the day - I mean century - was something purchased for my little man. Matt and I had been discussing getting him his own jeep to cruise the neighborhood with since he is capable of driving one now. We originally purchased the Jeep for both of our children, but in our little corner of the neighborhood the children spend a lot of time in their jeeps and we knew it would be nice for them each to have their own.

But then again...did we really want to spend the money to purchase another one? I'll be honest - they are NOT cheap!

Hellllllloooooooo garage sale find.....


That's right...our little man will be cruising around in his own little John Deere, complete with working shovel on the front! The tractor was in fantastic shape and let me tell you - this thing can HAUL - our little guy may be the leader of the pack! Ha!! Again, a great deal and I was one pumped Mama.

Sooooo.....I learned my lesson today.....even though I still wouldn't consider myself a garage sale girl, there are the occasional times when you seriously
HIT THE MOTHER LOAD!!!!

3 comments:

Mom of Double A said...

This makes me smile!
I'm a proud garage sale mama.
Buy used and save the difference :)

The Johnsons said...

JEALOUS!

joyfulheartphotography said...

Where was I?? I love finding stuff like that!!! You did great!