Monday, April 19, 2010

The Power of EDITING...

I mentioned previously that I've taken a few photography classes recently. They were extrememly informative...as always! One of the thing I love about photography is that even when you think you know how to do something - there is STILL more to learn! Editing is an example of that. Just to give you an idea of what editing a picture can do...

Here is the picture right out of my camera...

And here it is edited...


Pretty amazing isn't it?! One of the things I've learned about editing though is that it is not a cut and dry process....there are a million ways to edit a picture. It is not something that is done at the touch of a button either. Sometimes I have people say to me, "oh you just enhanced that picture!" True, but the process of "enhancing" it took some time and thought. The picture above we literally spent an ENTIRE class on (although we were going through things slowly). We looked at color, white balance, exposure, clarity, vibrance, sharpening, etc. There is just so much to look at...so much to consider when editing.

To be honest it kinda makes my mind race and my heart skip a beat when I get going with it! Especially if I have a picture that just kinda "speaks to me"....there are soooo many fun things you can do with it! Just a few more of my favorites of my munckins after being edited...

"Editing can make a WORLD of difference...with photography AND with life!"
--Actually, this quote is from ME! Ha!