Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tis the Season...

Tis the Season for Christmas cookies!! Today was the day the kiddies and I started our Christmas cookie festivities (which include baking, listening to Christmas music, and occasionally some hot cocoa). Eva was so excited she was asking if we could start before I even had the sleep rubbed out of my eyes! Both of them were patient enough to wait until after we ate breakfast....after that....let the cookie making BEGIN!!!

Smashing up candy canes (they take them right off of our tree) for cookies..
Sprinkling the cookies with the crushed candy canes (and licking our lips)!!
All I gotta say is this is a whole lot of yumminess...
Preparing the crushed oreos for our second round of cookies...
Topping them off with a few sprinkles...
And tomorrow.....GINGERBREAD MEN!!!
(Last year I had more flour on my floor and countertops than I did in the cookies after making gingerbread men...but the kiddies had fun!!!)


4 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Umm can you please share what the oreo ball things were because umm they look DELICIOUS...everything looks great but oreos YUM! Hey I "re added" you to the blog...hope it works for you now not that I really update it all that much!!!

Jami said...

Looks like yummy fun!

Kimberly said...

I love the kids cooking, great times, that will last a lifetime!

JGawthrop said...

I see a future brother and sister cooking show in the works... those cookies were soooooo yummy!! Can I get the recipe for the chocolate balls??? Yum-O!!!