Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The looooooong awaited cut...

I started growing my hair out when I was pregnant with Jaden (nearly 3 years ago) and decided I was going to donate it to Locks of Love when it was long enough.

Well, I got kind of attached to it because it's been long enough for a looooong time....but I just wasn't quite ready to chop it off.

Recently I finally decided it was time. My reasoning was that it was, quite honestly, getting TOO long and my intentions were always to do this for a good cause and I needed to be true to that.

Soooo...last week my sister (the best hair stylist in the world) did the honors for me...

Before...
The first "cut"...this felt REALLY odd...I've had my hair cut short, but never put in a pony tail and just chopped off!!!
After...


It's a big change, but change can be good. I was ready for it and knowing that my hair is going to help a child with cancer feel just a little better about themselves makes it allll worth it.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
--Gandhi

12 comments:

Stef said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Angel said...

You rock...and you're gorgeous!

The Johnsons said...

Looks adorable!!!

RosyRose said...

You're beautiful with hair long and short! It's so cute!

Jami said...

You look adorable in any style!!

Stacey said...

L.O.V.E. IT!!! You look great and did an amazing thing! Love it!

beachy keen girl said...

Love it! super cute.

Krissy said...

Looks GREAT Jamie!!!

The Lavish Life of Gus said...

Wow, you do have a good stylist!!! LOL... seriously, you do look really good ;)

Kimberly said...

Beautiful All the Time My Friend! I am excited for you and the new do....Great Haircut, Great Cause, Great Friend!

The Sophisticated Country Girl said...

I love it Jamie... LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen you in a while Jamie...I like the new hairdo and seriously, you're looking more & more like your Mom! and that's a good thing too...she's such a beautiful person! Love you Bobbi