The Holiday season is busy...no doubt about it. This weekend was no exception. But at the same time I love all of the fun that the Holidays have to offer...and again, this weekend was no exception!
My sis and her husband are going to be out of town for Christmas. We decided to exchange our gifts with them early...and is there a better way to do it than in Chicago? We certainly didn't think so! Sooo...our weekend started off in the Windy City...

We stayed at one of my favorite hotels, the Sofitel. The floor in the lobby has lights that continuously change colors...Eva and Jaden could not get enough!!!

This little girl looooooooves cab rides! Ha!! I honestly think it was one of her favorite parts!

Her "Uncle Tripe" even taught her to hail a cab...and she did it!

Dinner that night was at Riccardo's - a place my sister and her husband love. It was
tiny (you are actually looking at the whole restaurant in this picture) but the food was AH-MA-ZING! I think it's fair to say we didn't let much food (or wine) go to waste!

A busy day left this little guy tuckered out...he fell asleep before we even ordered our food!

After dinner we went to the John Hancock building to see the amazing toy train display...

and the GIGANTIC Christmas tree!!!!! (Not sure if our little guy is yawning, talking, or yelling in this photo- but I love it)!

The next morning we had a yummy breakfast (which was probably not needed since we were still full from the night before) and then it was present opening time!!!! We only exchanged with my sis and Jeff...the rest of us will exchange later!
After opening our presents we spent a little more time walking downtown. Have I mentioned that I love that city? I think we all do.
On our way home we stopped at the home of one of Matt's co-workers. Charlie works with Matt and every year he has people over so that the children can enjoy his model trains. The kiddies loooove them....and we all love talking to Charlie (he makes me laugh until my stomach hurts)!

The following morning we were up bright and early so our little cherubs could sing in front of the church!!!! This Mama was soooo proud of both of them!

That night we had Christmas with my dad and step-mom! Every year we celebrate Christmas with them and we always watch The Grinch. I've never met a grown man as addicted to Christmas cartoons as my dad is...he knows them allllll! It cracks me up!

We enjoyed our time with them....and as always, Eva and Jaden love checking out all of my dad's Marine stuff (note Jaden's hat above and Eva's below)!

Sooooo.....as I said, a VERY busy weekend but a lot of fun too! Our children were able to spend time with every single set of grandparents this weekend so that added to the fun for them as well!
Hope you are all enjoying this Holiday season too!!
2 comments:
What a fun trip! Love all of the pics!!!
Whew- I'm tired just reading about all of that! It does get a little hairy around this time of year, doesn't it?!
Everybody looks wonderful- Merry Christmas to you all!!
Post a Comment