Yesterday Eva and I planned out a little time just to ourselves....just the two of us. We went out to lunch and then went to a local pottery place to paint pottery together. As we were sitting at lunch we were talking about what we were going to paint. Eva said she wanted to paint a bowl and do it all in Christmas colors. I told her I thought that was a perfect idea because I would use her special bowl every time we had a Christmas gathering!!!
When we got to the pottery store and were picking out our pottery to paint Eva skipped over the Christmas section, and instead headed to the housewares section. She picked up a cross and said she wanted to paint that instead.
Slightly disappointed (I was looking forward to a pretty bowl painted by her) I said, "But sweetie...I thought you wanted to paint something for Christmas."
She looked me straight in the eyes and innocently said, "Mommy, Jesus died on the cross...and that is what Christmas is all about."
I almost started crying. She was soooooo right.
She spent nearly 2 hours painting her lovely cross in beautiful Christmas colors. She took so much time and put so much thought into how she wanted it to look. I can't wait to display it in our home...I know it will be one of my favorite Christmas decorations.
I love it when our children remind US what is truly important!
7 comments:
What a beautiful story! Thanks to Eva for reminding us all!
That brings tears to my eyes. What a wonderful story and wonderful faith.
So sweet Jamie. There is nothing like the sweet, genuine, spirit of a child... What she said, is a reflection of you and Matt...and shows that you are teaching her what is important.
Of course my granddaughter knows the true meaning of Christmas. I am not surprised she picked a cross to paint. She must have enjoyed her cousin's party if she wanted to paint pottery again. I can't wait to see the cross! Love Grandma F
Eva ~
You brought tears to my eyes. I love you more than anything!!
Aunt Kathy
POWERFUL Stuff my friend, Simply stated!
To sweet! I'd love to see a picture of the cross
Post a Comment