I holed up all winter with my little crew. We really didn't get out much. I started doing most of my errand running on-line so there was really no reason to even run out to places like Target. I know, those of you that know me probably think I'm lying now....but it's true! I don't think I went to Target for a span 2 months this past winter! Crazy, I tell ya.
We normally venture out to dinner once or twice a week. We didn't really do that either. We stayed home and I cooked or we occasionally ordered dinner in.
We had the type of weather where you just want to STAY PUT.
All of that being said, I am starting to see the aftermath of staying home so much in our youngest little one. At nearly 2 years old things are pretty black and white for him. Here is what I've noticed lately:
Toddler Signs That It's Been a Long Winter
Every time I put clothes on Greyson he says, "Bye-Bye??"
(because when it's -15 outside there is really no reason to leave the house...or get dressed)
The word "BRRR!" often follows the word "outside"...or as he says it "Out-yide"
(As in, "Out-yide? Brrrr!"normally said 4-5 times in a row)
When the snow actually started to melt and we could see grass Greyson would point to it with a completely baffled look on his face.
When I tell Greyson that we are going bye-bye he immediately says, "Hat??!" and goes to put his on.
(which will be hilarious this summer with a pair of shorts and a T-shirt on)
Oh, and these are just a few. Every day I notice little things he does that confirms the poor kid has been cooped up waaaaaay too long. The good news is that the weather is FINALLY breaking. We are getting outside more and more every single week. Just in the past week we've been able to take a walk, play ball, and ride bikes/scooters/etc.
Greyson LOVES being "out-yide" and when it is finally time to call it an evening, pick up our toys, and head indoors he now stands at the glass door crying and saying, "Out-yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!!!!!"
Yep buddy, I love being "out-yide" too.
2 comments:
All of the kiddos love being outside; why would G be any different! Better keep that hat handy for the coming week!
haha, the fact he thought it meant "bye bye" because he was getting dressed cracked me up! well, yay for seasonal change...spring is coming!
Post a Comment