VERY early mornings.
My alarm goes off at 5:30 in the morning and the treadmill calls my name.
Some days I just want to pull the covers back up over my head and fall back to sleep like the rest of my family....but I made a commitment and I'm sticking to it.
I sit up, rub the sleep out of my eyes, and pull on my running shoes.
I tiptoe down the stairs careful not to wake a soul.
This is my time with me.
I'm not a wife.
I'm not a mommy.
I am a runner....and only a runner.
I stretch.
I do a few jumping jacks to get my blood moving.
Then I step on the treadmill and begin running.
Some days my run seems easy. I am breathing good. I feel good.
Some days I feel like I have cement boulders tied to my feet. My breathing is off. I struggle....but I force myself to push through. On these days I tell myself over and over and over, "Your mind is giving up, but your body is just fine."
Mind over matter.
Keep going.
Keep going.
Keep going.
Sometimes I finish my run and I feel relieved.
Relieved that I finished.
Relived that I pushed through and accomplished my goal.
Sometimes I finish my run and I feel energized.
On days like that I often do an extra 1/4 mile.
I call it my Victory Lap.
"Take THAT!" is what plays in my head.
I add a few punches into the air to really make my point.
Those are good days.
I am learning to like the early morning....and I'm learning to love running.
"You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it"
--Charles Buxton

1 comment:
It's sooooo hard to get out of bed but it's soooo nice after you've ran and you think to yourself "I'm so glad I got up!" lol. way to go! dedication pays off!
Post a Comment