Thursday, February 27, 2014

Toothless.

Our dentist once told us that the later a child gets their teeth...the later they will lose them.  At the time I remember thinking that we'll see how that applies to Jaden.  He was later in getting his first tooth, and I vividly remember being hesitant to give him cake at his first birthday because he barely had any teeth to chew it!

Fast forward to age 5 and his friends are starting to lose their teeth....but not our little guy!  He was always a good sport about it, but often wondered when HE would start losing teeth.  

Finally, 2 month before his 7th birthday Jaden finally lost his FIRST tooth.  He was chewing something and felt something hard.  He spit it out and - lo and behold - a tooth was in his hand!!!!  The thing is...he didn't stop there!!  Before I could even get him photographed (within the SAME WEEK) he lost ANOTHER tooth!!

We love our toothless tiger!!!


I also need to share a conversation that made me giggle with this little cutie.  The week he lost his teeth I reminded him one morning to make sure he brushed.  He responded, "Well, if I'm not planning on really talking to anyone today, do I NEED to brush today??"

Ummm....yes. 


"You don't have to brush your teeth....just the ones you want to keep"
--Unknown


1 comment:

Aunt Kathy said...

Great picture of you Jaden!!! xoxo Love you ~ Aunt Kathy