Saturday, February 15, 2014

Be Mine.

Making Valentine's with my kiddos is one of my favorite activities of the year.  We started making homemade ones when they were very little, and quite honestly figured by this age we would be purchasing store bought ones.  I kind of assumed that they would see the store bought ones that friends brought in and want that too.....but they haven't!  Each year they both spend time looking at different ideas and deciding what they want to make.  We purchase the materials needed and pick a night to put the Valentine's together.  It amazes me how each year they are capable of doing more and more by themselves...this year Eva did pretty much the whole thing without any help!  They are growing so fast and getting so big.  This Mama is savoring all these little moments!!

Daddy joining in the fun long enough to steal a few gumballs...

Eva working hard to make her Valentine's..

I love how Jaden's tongue sticks out when he is concentrating!

Jaden's finished product was a small bag of candy with a shovel attached and a sticker that said, "I Dig You!"

Eva's finished product was a small bag of gum balls with a note attached that said, "I "Chews" You!"

"Without Valentine's Day February would be...well...January."
--Jim Gaffigan

1 comment:

Adela said...

I've been looking forward to this post. I know that you love Valentine's Day. Your excitement gets me excited to see what your family does. :-)