I recently removed Facebook from my phone. I'm sure I'll eventually put it back on there (I always do), but for the time being I needed it to be gone.
The reason?
Quite simply, I was looking at it too often. Posting too often. Looking for some sort of validation and reinforcement from people that I really don't care much about. It felt good to have people say, "You're a good mom" or "That's a great idea!" However, those that I DO care about (my husband and children) were seeing me attached to that phone way too often.
It's not how I want my children (or husband) to think of me. That phone means NOTHING to me when compared to what I have standing in front of me on a daily basis. Honestly, some days I wish cell phones were never invented.
My priorities needed to shift. Facebook Mobile needed to go.
I'm making a conscious effort to be present in the lives of those I love. To listen wholeheartedly for understanding, instead of listening simply to respond. To take my time and not rush life quite as much as I have been.
My children don't always listen to what I say, but they never fail to imitate what I do. I want them to see me placing value on the things that truly matter....them, their daddy, our home, and most importantly God.
So starting today I'm taking a deep breath....slowing down...and putting that damn phone away.
Xoxo...
Jamie
2 comments:
Love this! I think I may follow in your footsteps and get it off my phone. When I am waiting in the car rider line to pick up my older two I should be enjoying that time with my youngest instead of checking facebook as time goes by way to fast!
A sound, solid, and thought provoking decision!!! So very proud of the mama you are!!! I love you BUNCHES and BUNCHES, and then some... xoxo Mom
Post a Comment