When Jaden and I attended Kindergarten round up last spring the Kindergarten teachers gave him a sunflower seed in a little cup. They told him to go home, plant it, and when the sunflower was as tall as him it would be time to start kindergarten.
We went home.
We planted it.
We watered it.
We took care of it allllll summer long.
When it was time to start kindergarten the sunflower was actually TALLER than Jaden!
Last week it bloomed....
I had one excited little boy on my hands! He was so proud of his sunflower!!! As a parent I thought it was a GREAT way for a child to anticipate a big event, and we both enjoyed it!!!
"Flowers don't worry about how they are going to bloom. They just open up and turn towards the light...and that makes them beautiful"
--Jim Carrey

2 comments:
What a handsome lil man! Aunt Kathy loves you with all of her heart!! :)
The sunflower has a smile as big as Jaden's! Love you.
J.E.F.
Post a Comment