Thursday, January 10, 2013

Eva turns 8!


This little girl celebrated her 8th birthday right before the New Year.  8 years old is kind of major to me because I can remember my 8th birthday very well....what I wore, what I got as gifts, etc. (I also remember my 5th birthday really well - I have a crazy good memory when it comes to random things, but can't remember where I set my keys down on any given day).  

Anyway, my point is that she's getting to a point in her life where she's going to remember these days.  She's going to be taking these moments and storing them for future reference....hopefully for future smiles!  She's growing into such an amazing little woman and teaching ME so much in the process.  I'm so proud of her. 

She had a friend celebration (we do 2 parties - one with friends and one with family) with a sleepover and rollerskating at a local rink (which, by the way, is the EXACT rink I celebrated MY 8th birthday at).  It was so fun to watch her with her friends....talking and giggling like girls do.  At 1:30 in the morning I finally went downstairs and told the girls it was time to cozy up in their sleeping bags.  They were still partying like little rock stars.  Ha!


The actual day of her 8th birthday God gave her a VERY special gift....snow!!!!  She could not have been happier!


That night family joined us to celebrate our little girl.  Dinner, at Eva's request, was burgers on the grill!!  Tasted great in the middle of winter!  She was pretty surprised when she opened the gift from mommy and daddy.....


Tickets to see Taylor Swift in concert got the best gift opening reaction I have EVER seen from Eva!!  So good that when she opened it - after screaming - she ran over and jumped up to give me a hug and knocked me in the nose so hard we thought it may be broken!!!  Ha!  

In all this little girl continues to rock my world.  I love her, her spunk, and all the fun she brings to our lives.  On each of my kiddos birthdays I make a video of their past year.  I'll end this post with Eva's video....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Eva is my second eight-year-old granddaughter of 2012. What beautiful granddaughters. I must not forget my other beautiful granddaughter who will be seven in just a few weeks. There's question that I have the most handsome grandsons in the world! God has truly blessed this grandma.