Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring is in the air...

Well, not really.

We had one day of nice weather and it was enough for the kids and I to tear down the snowflakes in the windows, open up the house, and get out all of our Easter decorations. 

Needless to say we are READY.

I've also tackled one other part of spring that I honestly look forward to every year and that is spring cleaning.  I know, it sounds crazy that I look forward to it but I am a girl that loooooves organization.  As I sit here and type this every single cabinet, closet, and drawer in in every single room of this house has been cleaned and organized.  Ahhhhh.....feels good.  Some of you may think that I may be nesting....but I assure you I do this every spring.  I do need to thank my Mama though for helping me clean out my tall cabinets in the kitchen and laundry room so I didn't have to hike my big ol' budda belly up on a ladder or step-stool! 

Anyway, spring cleaning is officially done.  On top of that we have completely cleaned and organized Jaden's room to make room for baby!  Our home has 4 bedrooms, but we decided that for awhile the two boys will share a room....and Jaden is super excited.  He and I tackled his room one day together.  We cleaned out EVERYTHING.  We organized drawers and closet space so that he had his own area, and the baby has his own area.  We rearranged a few things and planned a few things we wanted on the walls to change it from "Jaden's Room" to "The Boys Room".  As we were eating lunch that day I asked Jaden what his favorite "change" to his room is.  He replied, "my favorite change is that the baby is going to be in there".   That little guy melts my heart.

Soooo....spring cleaning is done and Easter items are out....bring on the warm weather!!!

"Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world"
--Virgil A. Kraft

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love that quote!
We're spring cleaning too!

Jami said...

Don't you love the sound of say "the boys?"