1. Do you have a MOPS group in your area? We do. I just joined it this year and I looooove it. It inspires me as a mother and I leave each meeting feeling refreshed. This morning during our meeting we discussed how we fit prayer and God into our ever busy lives. It's so nice to talk with other women that are in the same phase of life that I am about how they handle things. One little tidbit that I shared with the group (that had been shared with me years ago by a friend) was that as you fold laundry pray for the persons clothing you are folding. I do practice this, not consistently, but quite often. I mix our clothes when I do laundry so I often find myself praying for Matt as I fold his shirt, and then switching over and praying for Jaden has I fold his socks, and then on to Eva. It's an easy way to may sure you pray for every member of your family and their specific needs! Our "creative activity" today at MOPS consisted of putting together two meals that we could take home and eat this week or freeze. How cool is that?!! To make it even better, BOTH meals had black beans in them. Yep, I was a happy camper! Anyhoo....if you have a MOPS group in your area I encourage you to check it out! I don't think you'll regret it.
2. We have new neighbors. As they were moving in it didn't look like they had any children. When I mentioned this to Eva she said, "You mean they are at school?" I replied, "No, it looks like maybe their children are old enough that they don't live with their parents any longer". She thought about this awhile and then said, "Well then, they better get new ones!!!!!"
3. My mom and sister have been in Florida all week. Ugh. I am just soooo
4. Both of my kiddos are officially signed up for their first triathlon. How cool is that?! My sister and her husband both do triathlons and Eva and Jaden have watched them. Eva is taking this whole thing VERY seriously.....talking about the special shoes she will need and special bike rack that will be needed for our car to transport her bike. I keep reminding her that, unlike her Uncle, we are not doing an Ironman. We don't need all the "loot" he and my sis use! Ha!
5. My husband brought me home Vosques from his last business trip. Ya, he's awesome like that. I shared one with Eva and then hid the box. I'm serious.
6. Some of you have been praying for our friends son, Isaac. For those of you that don't know Isaac's story, he is an amazing 6 year old boy that was diagnosed with brain cancer last summer. I haven't posted about his journey too much on here, but I thought I would let you know that he is finished with his radiation and halfway done with his chemo. We had dinner with him and his family last weekend. They are an amazing family and I smiled when I noticed that Isaac's hair is growing back! I encourage you all to continue keeping them in your prayers. They are being faced with a situation none of us can imagine - and I truly believe prayer does amazing things! If you would like to know more about Isaac, or would like to follow his Caring Bridge site please email me.
That's all I've got for ya folks and it didn't even include any pictures!! So sorry! You can read about my spring cleaning escapades below if you so desire. Ha! Hope you are all having a GREAT day!!
Jamie
1 comment:
I love your random thoughts, great to hear what is new and going on :)
Post a Comment