Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tis the season to GIVE...

This is a challenge I post every year at Christmas time and this year will be no different.  I think my  husband summed it up perfectly when he said, "Thanksgiving is the time of year to GIVE THANKS....and Christmas is simply the time of year to GIVE!"

Volunteer at a soup kitchen, adopt a family, create homemade cards for nursing home residents, purchase value meals and deliver them to the homeless on the streets, donate to a charity that has touched your life, ask your child's school if any children need winter coats and purchase them.....YOU decide what touches your heart and fits your budget.

For those of you that have children I encourage you to involve your children in the endeavor.  I started this when my children were very small and it seems that each and every year they seem to "get it" more and more.

This year this little girl helped me wrap gifts for a special family we adopted...


The conversations during times like this are so important....discussions about the true meaning of Christmas, giving to others, and praying for those we don't even know.  On top of that my little girl is turning into quite the little wrapper (I looooove wrapping presents to it makes this mama happy) and I love the look on her face when she's finished....


I also love that crazy morning hair!  Sooooo my friends.....I encourage you to give....to involve your children...and to focus your energy on making the life of someone else a little brighter this Holiday season.

"Christmas is not about opening presents....it's about opening our hearts"


2 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Hello...I just found your blog from Living in Yellow...new follower:) How very sweet you adopted a family...THIS is the true meaning of XMAS:)

A Funky Little Fashion Blog

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement Jamie. And I love Eva's morning hair!!!! :)