Thursday, September 8, 2011

There has to be a way....


Jaden recently got one of his vaccines....the MMR.  For those of you that read up on vaccines this is a BIG one.  The MMR is a "live" vaccine and there are a lot of side effects that can go along with it.  Most children receive this vaccine at age one, but I held off and didn't give it to either of mine until age 4.  Thankfully my little guy handled it like a champ and we, thus far, have experienced no side effects.

I am finding the older I get (and more research I do) the more passionate I am about finding a way to make our vaccines safer for our children.  Do you know that the MMR vaccine contains the cells of an aborted fetus?  Yep.  I just can't imagine that it is all that safe to inject another persons DNA into a child.  However, on that same note, I understand the fact that only human cells are providing the immunity needed to create the vaccine.

I am NOT anti-vaccine.  I believe in vaccines and what they do for our children....but there HAS to be a way to make them safer.

If we can send a guy to the moon we can find a way to take some of these toxic ingredients out of our vaccines.  Formaldehyde, aborted fetus cells, cow proteins, antifreeze etc. are just a FEW of the controversial ingredients that are injected into our children.  Read below:



Here is what I DO believe regarding vaccines...

1.  I believe in waiting to vaccinate a child until they are older....not in the first year of life.  I believe it is good to let their immune systems strengthen and mature before loading them with toxic ingredients.

2.  I believe in spreading out vaccines and never using a compound vaccine that contains more than one vaccine in it.  Give the vaccines one at a time and allow your child's body to process it.  I usually wait 3 months between vaccines.  For example, if you go by the normal schedule, a child would get 2-3 other vaccines on the day the MMR is given.  I don't encourage that.

3.  I believe in building up your child's immune system through vitamins and a healthy lifestyle.

4.   I believe in reading BOTH sides of the vaccine debate.  I feel you have to read both sides to understand what is best for your child.  BE INFORMED.  When I took Jaden in for his MMR the doc said, "Oh your probably worried about what you see in the news about the MMR causing autism right?"  I responded that I wasn't at all.  I had done my research and at the age I was vaccinating at that wasn't one of the concerns I had.  The important part was that I had DONE the research....I knew the ingredients of the vaccine, I knew the side effects, I knew to ask to see the expiration date, I knew the controversies.  It didn't mean that I was totally comfortable with it (and I won't be until they are safer), but the more you know the better off you are going to be. 

5.  I believe in standing up for what you believe in...and not allowing a doctor (or school nurse or friend or co-worker) make you feel like you are a bad parent.  Unfortunately, this happens a lot.  Trust me.  DO YOUR RESEARCH and STAND STRONG with what YOU feel is best for your child. 

Simply put, this is how I handle vaccines in our world right now....but I often think about a world where parents can vaccinate their child without the harsh chemicals and toxins that are currently being used.  A world where vaccines are safe.  Until then, this Mama's gonna keep fighting.

No comments: