Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Out for a Cruise!

Our new neighbors have a very nice little boy that Eva has become friends with. It dawned on me the other day that these two will go to school together, as they are both the exact same age. When we are outside Brady loves to drive on over to our house (which is across the street) on his Jeep. When Eva sees him she will frequently drop whatever she is doing and hop in the passenger seat to go along for a ride (she prefers that he drives). It really is adorable, but it makes me realize that I won't be ready for her to be in high school and driving in real cars with boys for about 30 more years. Just seeing the two of them zip off together for one of their little jaunts down our street and back makes me want to shout out to them, "Drive carefully...wear your seat belts....and have her back by her naptime!!!!"

"When you are a mother , you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." --Sophia Loren

2 comments:

Stacey said...

That is the cutest picture! How are we ever going to let our kids drive? Their guardian angels will be working overtime!!!

Ashli said...

What an adorable picture! Wow, you summed it up so perfectly. Don't you wish that our kids could just go from an innocent little child to a responsible adult? I would be just fine if they would pass right through the junior high/high school stage. It started to stress me out when you talked about letting them drive away on their own. I don't think I'll ever be able to let go. I will want to be there to protect them wherever they are. I guess we just have to remember that as much as we love our children, God loves them even more, and find comfort in the thought that HE will always be with them even when we cannot be.