I am starting to get into this whole cake decorating thing. My friend started decorating cookies and they were adorable....it kind of peaked my interest. I decided to try it for Jaden's birthday. I made cupcakes and was very pleased with the way they turned out. Here is the recipe I used for the butter cream frosting:
Butter cream Frosting:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Cream shortening and butter. Add vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar (I added one cup at a time) beating on medium speed. Add milk and beat until light and fluffy.
It may sound corny but it felt good to have made Jaden's cupcakes. Sometimes I think taking the extra time to do something special makes all of the difference in the world. Not just for a birthday party....but every day in life.
2 comments:
Nice work on the blog!!! very cute.
Fish! This is great! What a good idea!
Love
Micheall
Post a Comment