The end of the school year. Ill be honest, it's always hard for me.
I get suuuuuper sentimental. Suuuuuuuuuper.
Like creeping into my kids rooms at night to watch them sleep and wondering how time is moving so fast. They would tell me that's not sentimental, that's creepy. Haha!
I just feel like this time of year is such a reminder that they are growing and changing and time is marching forward. While thankful for that gift....it is also hard because I absolutely love being a mama.
Last weekend our neighbors were over with their girls - four of them ages 7 and younger. I watched their mom and realized how different my life is now - but that at one time it was very much like hers. It was a time when my children relied on me for absolutely everything - food, shelter, comfort - as well as shoe tying, cutting up of food, and help going potty.
My life looks nothing like that anymore.
While Greyson still relies on me for some basic needs, Eva and Jaden's needs have shifted to a more teenager mindset. I'm here for rides back and forth to school and practices. I listen to issues they are dealing with regarding friends, teachers, and teammates. At times, they tuck ME into bed instead of the other way around (but normally I still tuck them into bed).......and just as I loved the phase when they were little and needed me for basic needs, I love this phase too! It's fun in a different way - less physically exhausting but definitely more emotionally trying. I love seeing them growing into little adults with their own personalities.
Soooo.....while the end of the school year is a celebration it is also a time for me to reflect on how far we have come as a family. To say I love these kiddos and that husband of mine would be a huge understatement. I am truly who I am thanks to them.
A little look at our week:
I dressed in our Dino costume to get Jaden and Greyson off the bus the day before the last day of school. As expected, they were a little mixture of being mortified and thinking it was hilarious! Gotta keep it fun - and things like this they will remember forever!
Our little girl walked across the stage at my old high school (her middle school) and accepted her 8th grade graduation certificate. I can't believe I know have a high school student.
Jaden finished 5th grade - which means I also have a middle schooler! How is that even possible?
This is how we roll on the last day of kindergarten! I did this for Eva and Jaden too....so Greyson was super excited that it was his turn!!
As you can tell, he's our super quiet and shy one! Hahahaha!!!
We topped off our celebration by getting ice cream with our good friends!
"Long live all the mountains we moved, I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you"
--Long Live by Taylor Swift






No comments:
Post a Comment