Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sunburst 2015

The Sunburst is always a special race for us.  Not only do we feel honored that we get to run on the Isaac Nation Team and support a special family....it's also become a special family tradition for us!  This year Matt and "Uncle Tripe" ran the 5k with Eva and Jaden...


This little man is a RUNNER.  He owned that 5k like a BOSS....finishing in just over 28 minutes!!  He's EIGHT years old!!!!


I love this picture of Eva and Jeff together!!  A family that runs together has fun together! She did a great job too finishing in about 29 minutes!


As for me, I ran the half marathon again.  This year was completely different than last year.  My training seemed sooooo much harder.  I really struggled on some of my longer runs.  More times than once I considered dropping down to the 10k.  However, I stuck with my plan.  Thanks to these lovely ladies that did my training runs with me we CONQUERED that half marathon!!  I kept my goal of running the entire 13.1 miles and shaved about 10 minutes off my time from last year!

Before training for the race I really didn't even know these girls (Kendra and I had never even really talked and Cindy and I had just had a few brief conversations).  Long runs do magical things for friendships.  If you really want to know someone run 13 miles with them.  Together we encouraged and pushed eachother.  We ran through torrential downpours and scorching heat.  At times we literally held eachothers hand to keep moving forward.  Crossing the finish line together was such a great celebration of the power of a great running buddy.  I love these girls.

 As many people know, I often see hearts around me.  The amount I saw on this race was unbelievable.  I was really nervous going into this race - as I said, my training did not go well.  However, within the first mile I saw a heart and I could feel myself start to relax.  I started to find my stride.  As the race went on I saw more and more and more.  It was astonishing how many I saw.  Such a special sign for me!

 "That's the thing about running.  Your greatest runs are rarely measured by racing success.  They are moments in time when running allows you to see how amazing life really is"
--Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of all of you! And such a great cause. This will leave a lasting memory for both Jaden and Eva. When you come down, I will take Kallie and Lilly, plus Eva and Jaden to the high school where they can have their own race.