Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Catch-Up

Ugh.  I get so frustrated with myself when I am not current with my blogging.  As much as it is difficult to find the time to sit down and write, I know that years down the road I am going to regret not having a journal of these days.

These days that seem to be going by in the blink of an eye.

Slow down time....this Mama is trying so hard to squeeze all the love and memories I can out of each and every moment!

Here is what's been happening in our little neck of the woods the past few weeks...

These cuties attended a Father-Daughter Dance.  Eva was so excited and it was absolutely adorable.  She was in love with the wrist corsage Daddy gave her.  I just love these two so much!

We spent a week in Florida for spring break.  It's one of my favorite times of year and Sanibel Island has such a special place in our hearts. 


This guy turned 41 while we were in Florida.  Lucky guy has a birthday every year while sitting by the ocean!

This cutie turned 3....and yes....we bought him cymbals.  I love the noise.  Someday my children will be grown and I'll miss the chaos and the noise....right now is not that time and I am embracing it.  He loves his cymbals so much and plays with them all the time.  We DID give them a "bedtime" and they aren't allowed to "wake up" until everyone else in the house is awake.  The day after his birthday he was SO excited when everyone was finally awake that he ran, got his cymbals, and yelled "THEY CAN WAKE UP NOW!!!!"

This cutie turned 8...and yes...that is a dirt bike.  I didn't grow up with brothers so this whole daring boy adventure is new to me.  My instinct is to wrap him head to toe in bubble wrap, but apparently that is frowned upon.  Ha!  He is wonderful about wearing his safety gear and I have to admit I love to watch him ride!!

He also had his first sleepover.  It was a blast!  I love these boys...


We celebrated Mother's Day.  A day that I know is suppose to be honoring the fact that I am a mother...but really it's just a day that makes me even more thankful for all the blessings I have.  Amazing kiddos, a great husband, and lots of "mothers" in my life that are there for me (my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law, my step-mom, even many of my friends).  The magnitude of my blessings is not lost on me.

"Fill your heart with what is important...and be done with the rest"
--Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you do a wonderful job balancing your time!! You give to everyone else 24/7 365 days a year. Its hard to make a grocery list, let alone blog!!