Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Boss Is IN!

 Many of you know that my mom owns a consignment boutique.  What you may not know, is that every once in awhile if my mom is in a pinch and needs someone to fill in at the boutique I help out.  This doesn't happen often (just a handful of times a year) but I always find it enjoyable.  When Greyson was younger I would find a babysitter for him while I helped (the older two are in school), but lately I have felt like he's getting big enough to join me.  He has come with me the last 2 times and he has been quite the helper...

First of all, I explained to him that he has to dress up.  We are working retail and he must dress the part...ladies like a dapper gentlemen helping them. He decided a tie was his most dashing attire.

Next, we had to discuss lunch.  Since we would be working through the lunch hour I told him that we must pack a lunch to eat while we are there.  He was BEYOND excited...and what who doesn't find a Star Wars lunchbox quite fetching?

As you can see, he quickly got himself comfortable in the roll of "boss" - greeting everyone with a smile and showing them is amazing chair rolling skills.  Talent I tell you...pure talent.

We found lots of ways to make our time enjoyable!  We pulled clothing item after clothing item and talked about what color it was (one of his favorite things to do).  While I helped customers Greyson busied himself hiding the display jewelry in purses that were for sale (this made for an extremely interesting game of hide-and-seek as we had to find all the hidden jewelry)!!  Greyson tried on more shoes than I could count...but apparently the boutique does not carry a toddler size 10.  When no one was watching we danced...and danced...and danced.  Stores are good for that.  Lots of room, great music, and mirrors to watch ourselves!

At the end of his shift he was ready to call it a day.  Naptime was calling.

 "We make a living by what we get...but we make a life by what we give"
--Winston Churchill

1 comment:

Nonna said...

Best boss I've EVER had! xoxoxo Nonna