A foot of snow?? No problem.
Temperatures below zero? Bring it.
I've learned that you often think the weather looks bad for running when you look through the window....but when you step outside in it and actually RUN....it's MAGICAL. If you wait for perfect conditions, you'll never get anything done.
So I wake at 5:30 in the morning....and I run.
Here are a few pics (from my phone so they are a bit blurry) from some of my cold weather runs this winter...
This was the first deep snow run I did. The snow was so deep that in some places it was well over my ankle, and up onto my calf. It was one of the hardest runs I've ever had (at times it was like running through deep sand)...but also one of my favorites.
The temperature for this run was NEGATIVE 4!! It was COOOOOLD!!!! My eyes always water when it's cold out and I'm running. This time it created icicles on my eyelashes!!
"In the end it's your run...and yours alone. Others can run it with you, but not for you. Embrace it. Be strong. Keep moving forward"
--slowisthenewfast.com

No comments:
Post a Comment