Last week I wrote about Greyson. Today is Jaden's turn...
I love your gentle spirit. It's something I have always admired about you. You soak in each situation and truly get to know people. You notice things about others I don't simply because you are paying attention. You listen to understand, not to respond. It's an amazing gift you have little man.
I love that you ask for coffee cake for your birthday EVERY single year. With a dairy allergy we have to be careful, but I know there are other things we could make. It doesn't matter. This is your favorite and you stick with it. This year we switched it up a bit and did coffee cake cupcakes....we're wild like that, right?! Ha!
I love that you willingly (and enthusiastically) share your family birthday party with your brother every single year.
I love the intensity of your face when you are concentrating on something...
I loved that you practiced diligently for your Kindergarten Musical, but never shared one little tiny part of it with us before the performance. I know you had to have been singing those songs in your SLEEP....but you never slipped and sang in front of us. You wanted it to be a surprise and I was SO SO proud of you.
I love your love for your teacher this year....and her love for you. If I could bottle that up and give it to you every single year I would.
I love watching you run. You are a good runner and a FAST runner. I loved that after the Sunburst 5k (which you amazed all of us at) you said to me, "Mommy, I really like running. A lot. I want to run with you more often!" Music to my ears.
I love that you let Greyson just hang on you. You never get tired of it...you never push him away. You are gentle and kind to him. He won't forget that.
I love that you love bubble baths!
I love that your tongue sticks out when you are concentrating on writing.
It blows my mind that you seem to know more about electronics than I do....
Oh my word...I can't tell you how much I loooooove that you are missing teeth. That toothless grin gets me every time.
I love that you and Daddy have "boys nights" where you eat wings (because that's what BOYS DO!!!) and hang out together...just the two of you.
I love to watch you deep in thought. Your deepest feelings and thoughts amaze and inspire me...
I love that you enjoyed dressing up for every single event at school that you could. Eva was always embarrassed to dress up for the silly days....not you. You EMBRACE it!!!!
You are honestly the best big brother ever. You guide and teach Greyson daily. Sometimes I truly think you have more patience than I do and I often watch you with awe.
I love that you are willing to try new things....new foods, snowboarding, inflatable bubble....you are always game. On top of that, you usually do it with so much excitement I can't help but smile while watching you.
I love you little man. I love the person you are ...and the person I see you becoming. You inspire me.

















3 comments:
Jaden is so good to his Grandma, too. He is so considerate and patient with me. He is my "alarm clock" when we spend the night. I, too, watch in awe as you guide and help Greyson during the "two" era. I have NEVER seen you get frustrated or upset with your brother. I am so proud to be your grandma. You are a very special young man. I am sure God has special plans for you!!! By the way, we discovered this weekend that your cousin Kallie sticks her tongue out just like you do when you are concentrating or working intensely on a project! Like cousin, and like your Daddy!
Your kind and gentle spirit shows in everything you do, Jaden Stone! It's so true... I have NEVER seen you loose your patience with your little brother. Both Eva and Greyson will someday realize how very lucky they are to call you brother! This Nonna already knows how blessed I am to call you grandson! You are wiser than your years, and God's light shines brightly in those beautiful eyes. I love you, Buddy!
Love my big boy so much!!
Post a Comment