It's time for Eva to have her little space in the sunshine....here is what I am loving about my little girl at this stage of life...
I love your heart. You are truly starting to embrace the power of giving to others. Recently you had a snack stand at our garage sale and gave EVERY SINGLE PENNY you made - $125 - to the American Red Cross. Watching you walk into the Red Cross building and hand them a hand-decorated envelope stuffed full of coins and bills you worked hard to earn....well...this mama could not have been more proud.
You are a Daddy's girl....always have and (I hope) always will be.
I love that spent your 9th birthday somewhere you have always wanted to visit...Colorado (or anywhere with snow). You said it was the best birthday ever.
I love to watch you boogie board when we are at the ocean. I have no doubt that given the chance you would be out there surfing. In time sweet girl...(maybe your mama will learn with you)!
I love to watch you with Greyson. You seem to enjoy the toddler age and I love it when he does little things that make you giggle!! It makes ME laugh!
I love that you love running.
I love our journal. It has been over a year since we started it, but it's so special to me to look back and read the letters we have wrote back and forth to one another. I hope it's something we do for a long long long time.
I love your giggle. Nothing beats it. You laugh is infectious and it usually makes me start laughing!! I had to smile when a overheard one of your friends tell her mom, "Eva has the BEST laugh and she laughs at EVERYTHING!"
You looooooooove cold weather. We had a rough rough winter in our neck of the woods....but I enjoyed it so much more because you were in HEAVEN.
Speaking of laughing, it cracks me up that you seem physically incapable of allowing me to photograph you with the sun on your face. Your eyes always get all crazy!! Case in point...
I love your organization skills. I have said it NUMEROUS times before, but they are even better than mine. You love to clean and organize. You regularly ask me for cabinets that need to be cleaned out and you tackle them!! Daddy often laughs and says, "She is her mother's daughter!!"
You made the All-Star team this year for Softball. My favorite part of your uniform? The smile you couldn't wipe off your face if you tried. So proud of you sweet pea.
I love that you love to bake. You are getting older now, and have proven to me that I can trust you in the kitchen. When you want to bake something you are usually capable of doing it completely on your own....I just watch you while busying myself with something else nearby.
In certain situations you are very cautious....and in certain situations you are a complete daredevil. It's a good combo.
I enjoy the fact that you have fun with technology....but you don't need it. You will go days without even looking at your iPod. I hope you never let technology consume you.
I love to watch you with your friends. You are getting older now and your friendships will begin to mean more and more to you. It's a beautiful thing...
I sooooo love how excited you get supporting our family members as they compete in different events...
I love your silly side. I look forward to many silly moments with you as we hang out....just the girls.
I love that you feel "at home" here....
Your athletic ability has always blown my mind....but it really did this past year in Colorado. You took to a snowboard like a fish takes to water. It was meant to be. You were a natural. It made my heart happy to see you so happy...
I love YOU Eva Marie. I love watching you grow. I love watching you mature, tackle new experiences, and gain a deeper understanding of this world around you. My mind races as I think of your future and all that God has in store for you. You, my sweet girl, have the capacity to move mountains.
.jpg)











4 comments:
I look forward to my daughter getting to that stage! :) Eva is so pretty and looks like she is just full of life!!
My princess...and baby girl...forever!
Eva, you are such a beautiful girl... both inside and out. Through you I have learned so much! I love so many of your unique and wonderful traits - especially the mix of your gentle & quiet strength, and how that strength takes on a competitiveness when your attention turns to sports! This Nonna thinks the sun rises and sets on your beautiful face... and I thank God for the gift of Eva each and every day. I love you!!!
You will always be one of grandma's baby girls! All three granddaughters have their own special traits, and I love all three of you equally; you are all unique!! Eva, I was so proud of you at Savanna's wedding. You were invited to sit in the front row with Grandma and Grandpa and you were such an adult!
Post a Comment