Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My 2 Year Old...the family drunk.



Let me preface this post by telling you that I'm a good parent.

I promise.

I am not the kind of parent that sits around playing games on the computer while my 2 year old runs wild all over the house.  If anything, I am OVER protective.  Just ask my husband.  You would get an over-exagerated "YES!" from him.

That being said, this morning I was in the bathroom and Greyson was right beside me.  He was getting into my hair products (which he always does when we are in the bathroom) and playing with them.  Next thing I knew he had my texturizing spray open and had taken a swig of it.

UGHHHHH!!!!!!!

I quickly took him out to the kitchen and started having him drink some water.  Even though he didn't drink much of the spray, I figured diluting whatever was in his stomach would help.  I waited a little bit and decided to call the Poison Control Center just to ease my own mind.

I was informed by the nice lady on the other end of the phone that the spray he drank is completely non-toxic, but that it does have alcohol in it.

The kind of alcohol that is in liquor.

So...basically I needed to watch my 2 year old for signs that he is drunk.

Faaaaaantastic.

Let's be realistic.  He's 2.  He already staggers when he walks, becomes agitated easily, and doesn't make sense half the time.  I think it's fair to say I already live with a tiny little drunk! 

I should also mention that about 30 minutes after this whole incident I was slathering my legs with coconut oil mixed with peppermint oil (my new favorite moisturizer).  

Greyson came up and licked my leg.  

I can NOT make this stuff up.  Who just randomly walks up and licks a leg???  Apparently a 2 year old.

His face was priceless (I'm sure it tasted disgusting), but I knew the peppermint oil was nooooo good for him.  I quickly wiped his mouth out.  I did not call Poison Control this time because I knew he got VERY little, it was mixed with coconut oil (which is not harmful), and I feared they may think I was running a 3 ring circus over here.

I should ALSO mention (yep...there's more)....that this came ONE WEEK after Greyson decided to see what wood cleaner tastes like.  Apparently it doesn't taste so good.  Extremely grateful I use all natural cleaning products that posed no threat to him.

Again, I promise I'm a good mom.  I do my best to keep him safe.  However, I've always said that when God created Greyson he giggled and said, "Let's add a little spunk to this one"!!!   Even though he occasionally makes me want to pull out my hair, I wouldn't trade my little energizer bunny for the world.

"You can learn many things from having a child....how much patience you have for instance"
--Franklin P. Jones

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh out loud at work. How I love Mr. G!! He definitely has brought so much joy and love and laughter to our family!!! Love you buddy!!!!

Aunt Kathy