Monday, May 12, 2014

A Day to Remember...

Today was a day that was full of moments - little moments - that made me smile.  A day that I'd love to remember....but I know all too well that if it isn't documented here I may in time forget.  Sooooo.....here is a little rundown:

The morning started with me waking up late and getting irritated with myself because I needed to get my run in so I could help Matt get the kids ready for school.  I quickly got ready and rushed outside.  I got my run in and had my fastest mile ever!!  I guess running late helped me run!!  Haha!

I got Eva and Jaden to school, came home, and enjoyed a leisurely walk with my sweet husband and little Greyson.  While Greyson and I often take walks, it was a treat to have Matt along this morning.  One of those little moments during the day I just breathe deep and savor.

When we got home we were taking care of some things around the house when I noticed Greyson saying, "Color! Color!"  All of a sudden Matt put his hand over his mouth and his eyes got HUGE.

I was afraid to ask.

Yep, my littlest guy had got ahold of the BIG 1-inch wide Sharpie marker I use to make posters and colored me a very pretty picture all over my KITCHEN CABINETS!!!

I started to panic, but quickly googled how to remove Sharpie markers from wood.  The crises was averted when I happened to have some rubbing alcohol on hand that completely removed the marker.

PHEW!!!!!!

After that we were off to swimming lessons!  It's always fun to watch little Greyson swim!  As we were driving home Matt saw a transformer explode on a power line in front of us.  As we were driving past it I commented that it was smoking!!  Well....the darn thing must have caught fire because the next thing I knew I heard a bunch of sirens and over 2,000 people in our area - including us - were without power.

That ended up being more of an issue than one would think.

You see, our garage door needs electricity to work.  Normally I carry a house key on my keyring....but today I didn't have one.

Soooo....we were locked out.
With a 2 year old that was ready for a nap.
In 85 degree heat.
And I needed to potty.

Luckily my ingenious husband remembered a window we hadn't locked and we were able to - literally - break into our own home.  If you doubt what I am saying, I have the scrapes up and down my arm to prove it.  We literally broke through a window screen and climbed through.  I'm sure the neighbors were enjoying our creative means of entering our home.

That alone sounds like an eventful day, right?  Nope.  There's more.

Tonight Eva and Jaden BOTH had games.  Not just ANY games...both had AMAZING games.

Jaden hit like a pro, caught a ball and got a boy out, and his final time at bat he hit the ball all the way to the fence.  I was sooooo proud of him.

Eva has been asking for the last few games to pitch and her coach has brushed her off.  Tonight she finally got her chance.  After 4 pitchers had done mediocre jobs, her coach finally called her up to pitch.  She walked out to the mound with a HUGE (mouth open wide) smile on her face.  Her smile was SO big that the umpire behind home plate even said, "See that big smile??!!!  We need to see more of those out here!!!"

Not only did Eva get to pitch...she was throwing strikes!!  Her coach and teammates were pretty excited!!  At the end of the game, her coach announced that he wasn't giving the game ball away.  There was a triple play during the game and he didn't feel it was fair to give it to ONE person.  One of Eva's teammates spoke up and suggested the game ball go to Eva....even willing to take a vote:  The whole team gets slushies or Eva gets the game ball.  It was unanimous.  All the girls started yelling, "Eva gets the game ball!!!"

It is now 10:00 at night and I'm ready to crawl in bed.  My heart is full.  Today has been full of smiles, laughs, moments when I wanted to pull my hair out, and moments of pure pride.

I'm a happy girl.

No comments: