Sometimes the very best days are full of nothing big....but a whole bunch of littles.
Sometimes the very best days happen when least expected.
Today was one of those days. The day started as an empty slate. The only thing on the agenda was attending church. But it turned into so many small moments that at the end of the day my heart felt hugged.
Sipping my coffee and holding my husbands hand in church.
Watching the kiddos play in the snow.
Matt and Eva going to the high school gym to spend time shooting hoops.
A short visit and hug from a good friend.
Laughing as the kiddos - including Greyson - attempted doing 100 push-ups and jumping jacks.
Enjoying a yummy meal together where none of my children complained about eating - GASP! - spinach!!
Decorating our "family tree" together (our smaller tree where we hang all of our special ornaments).
Smiling as Eva and Jaden closed the door to a bedroom to wrap gifts they've made for us...which also resulted in the first gift under the tree.
Feeling completely content as Greyson rested on my chest as I read him How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
Snuggling up with Eva as SHE read ME a Christmas story.
The big moments were non-existent....but the little moments were many.
I know - deep in my heart - that some day I will look back on my life and know for certain that the little things were truly the big things. These little moments add up. They make memories that I will cherish forever.
Today...with all of my little moments...my heart is full and I am grateful.
.jpg)
1 comment:
You are truly blessed; not in just one way, but in many. You have a wonderful family, a beautiful home, a love for God that strengthens you all. I am so happy you are my daughter-in-law and you have also blessed me in so many ways. I have watched you mature and become a loving mother and a beautiful Christian woman. I love you all. It is the simple memories that you will cherish, as do I.
Post a Comment