We were able to experience and enjoy a lot of fun things while visiting Hawaii....but if you ask Eva and Jaden their favorite thing they would quickly shout "THE WATER PARK!!!" We spent a day zooming down HUGE waterpark attractions. Eva, Jaden, and I loooooved it.....Matt, not so much. I think I'll be the one taking the kids on roller coasters and such as they get older. Matt will be waving to us from the ground. I've promised Eva and Jaden that I would skydive with them when they turn 21. They are pumped. Matt won't even discuss that decision. Haha!!!
I had to really zoom in on this pic so it's grainy...but I still love their little faces!
Even in Hawaii Eva and Jaden had homework to do! Eva is studying for an upcoming science test and Jaden is working on his journal...
One day we headed up to the North Shore of Oahu. Our first stop was the Dole Plantation. We learned how pineapples (our FAVORITE Hawaii/Florida treat) grow!!
This is a view of a pineapple field...
Our next stop was Haleiwa. The North shore of Oahu and Haleiwa are the true Mecca for surfers. They travel from all over the world to surf these Hawaiian waters. I've been fortunate to watch many surfers in my life in various parts of the world....but I've never seen anything like this.
Eva and Jaden learned just how strong the ocean can be. I explained to them the dangers of going out in water like this....and how the surfers know what they need to do to stay safe.
These picture were at the famous Bonzai Pipeline.
A large surfing competition was scheduled the next day at Sunset Beach. We drove down there and watched the surfers practice there for awhile too. It was neat to see the large scaffolding and tents set up for the competition. I am sure if we would have turned on TV the next day we could have watched it!
Another favorite past time of Eva and Jaden's is playing with the other reps and dealers kiddos in the pool and on the beach! These kiddos always have a great time together!
A big snowcone for a little boy!!!!
We also did a whole lot of nuthin'.....which is nice too. We wandered the beach and walked along the local walking path.
We fell in love with the large snails on the island and often spent time playing with them!
Football is always a fun pastime.
Of course, we also spent some fun times with Matt's dealers, often enjoying dinner out together. Eva and Jaden did a great job of participating in conversation...although they also brought coloring books to color in to help keep them entertained.
In all we had an amazing time and feel so incredibly thankful that we were able to experience this little slice of heaven!

















1 comment:
I have loved every pic. I can't wait to see the official "book". I feel so blessed to know my grandchildren could experience and learn so much in such a short period of time. Of course, I know that was accomplished because of diligent and such supportive parents. I love you all.
Post a Comment