Every year the kiddos and I sit down in the spring to make our summer bucket list. This is a list of allllll the things we want to do during our summer together. Many times there are new things on the list, but there are also certain things that make the list every single year. These are things that mean "summer" to us and we sooooo look forward to them.
One of the items that makes the list every year is a visit to a local splashpad with our friends Kim, Tessa, and Ella. We have been going to this splash pad since Eva was TWO YEARS OLD and it's ALWAYS a fun time!!!

After a fun day at the splash pad we decided to check one more item off of our bucket list. This was an item we have not done before, but the kiddos sure were excited!!!! We pitched a tent in the backyard and Matt camped out back with Eva and Jaden. Greyson and I "roughed it" inside this year (he's still a little young for tent camping)....but next year we'll be joining them!!! As a special treat Eva and Jaden were allowed to have popcorn for dinner and I made homemade strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries from my friends strawberry patch for dessert!!! Sooooo fun!!!
"Because it's summer and the memories are just waiting to happen."
--Unknown








1 comment:
That shortcake sure does look good! Every time I take Fionna to the splash pad I so badly want to put on my suit and play too! Fun.
Post a Comment