Seriously.
It's like a comedy club here some days. Here are a few of our most recent laughs....
*************
Eva had been pointing at things with her middle finger. I explained to her that she needed to be pointing her with her first finger. She (of course) asked why. I explained that it is called her "pointer finger" for a reason and THAT is the finger she is suppose to point with!!!
She let this soak in for awhile.
A few days later we were eating lunch at a PACKED local restaurant. Apparently at that exact moment Eva's curiosity about which finger she is to point with got the best of her because she held her middle finger up for all to see and (loudly) said, "So WHY am I not suppose to point with THIS finger?!??!!!"
For Real.
I'm not sure my hand could move any faster as I reached over, grabbed her hand, put it down her lap....and TRIED not to hold in my laughter.
(it was explained to her that her middle finger means a bad word - although WHICH bad word it means is not important. What IS important is that we do NOT point with it. She seemed satisfied with that answer....for now).
*************
Jaden, Eva, and I were talking about spicy food. I said that when I eat spicy food it makes my tongue feel hot. Eva said that it makes her roof of her mouth feel hot. Jaden explained that eating spicy food seems to make his SHOULDERS feel funny.
Hmmmm......interesting.
*************
Jaden and I were talking about the movie Home Alone. We were telling eachother our favorite parts of the movie. Jaden said he liked the part where the burglars got covered in feathers. I said I liked the part where the one burglar had a tarantula on him.
Jaden got quiet.
Then he said, "Isn't a tarantula what you flip pancakes with in the mornings?"
Nope buddy....that's a SPATULA.
**************
Yep, those little ones keep me laughing!
4 comments:
My little angels made Grandma laugh again. Notice, I said angels
Love those kiddos!!!! Kids do say the darndest things!!
So funny! recently I had to explain the middle finger to Fionna when she held it up on both hands and made a funny face as her ending pose to an adorable little dance she made up. I was so shocked by this, and Fionna had not a clue what she had done. I told her her dance was lovely but the ending pose was not. The best explanation I could come up with was that we never hold our hands that way because holding up your middle finger on purpose like that means 'I don't like you' in sign language.
Awwww, we can't wait for the goofy joy our son will bring into our life. Kids are hysterical!
Post a Comment