I decided that Eva and Jaden are old enough to bestow a new responsibility on them....DINNER! Yes, once a month my little cutie patooties are in charge of dinner. This means they must do the following...
Plan the menu
Make a grocery list for me of ingredients needed
Set the table
COOK the dinner
I thought this may be a good way to help both of them learn the basics of preparing a meal, and I also thought it sounded fun! As for Eva and Jaden...they were PUMPED!!
They went through a cookbook and picked out what their first meal was going to be. I was a pleasantly surprised at their choice!! On the menu...herb marinated chicken breast and roasted vegetable couscous!!
They made me my list, I purchased the groceries, and they worked together (with supervision) to create the meal. They were allowed to do things they had never been allowed to do before while cooking....Eva chopped ALL the veggies using one of my knives. Jaden used hot pads to put the chicken in the oven, as well as pull it out and Eva used hot pads for roasting the vegetables. The measured, poured, mixed, etc. It was SO FUN to see their excitement!!
In the end, we had a beautiful dinner....and two children that were PUMPED for Daddy to come home and see what they had done! Daddy was surprised.....and this mama could not have been more proud!

3 comments:
They may need new aprons made :) Nice job Eva and Jaden!! Now you can come down and cook for papa and grandma! Love you all!
Yes, papa and grandma would love to try the younger generation restuarant. Sounds delicious. Tell daddy to watch out; he may lose his grill to Jaden.
that is awesome!
Post a Comment