Thursday, October 4, 2012

Jaden' FIRST Fieldtrip!

Jaden is experiencing his share of "firsts" this year since he started school!  This week he had a BIG "first"...his first fieldtrip!  He was soooo excited (we anxiously counted down the "sleeps" until the big day arrived)!  Here are a few pics from his special day...

Jaden's school does not have traditional bus service, but they do have buses for special events like fieldtrips.  Sooo, this was another FIRST for him!  He got to ride a school bus (by himself...he has been on one with me and his sister before) to the firestation.  He was so excited!!  Greyson and I met him at the firestation and we were sooooo excited when Jaden's bus pulled in!


Once we were at the firestation the firemen showed the kiddos a video and talked to them about fire safety.  Afterwards they took them into the part of the building where they keep all of the firetrucks.  SO exciting!
 
One fireman put on all of his gear (including his face mask and oxygen tank) and showed the children how he would look and sound different if he were ever to go into their house to rescue them.  He then got down on the floor and let the children touch him and talk to him so they knew it was still the same person under all of that equipment.  I LOVE this part of a firestation visit - it's SO important.  I've even taken my kiddos to the firestation on my own and asked a fireman to do the same thing (which they will gladly do).  I never want them to be afraid of a fireman.
 
The cutest little Pre-K kiddo I know....
 
The children ended the field trip by singing a song they had learned to the firemen and taking pictures next to the firetruck.  Seriously adorable. 
 
 
Did I mention this little ham joined us on our special day??...
 
I love spending days like this with my children.  Such simple joys and memories that are made for a lifetime (for all of us)!  We ended the day with a special lunch of Jaden's choice...
 
"The world is as many times new as there are children in our lives."
--Robert Brault

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Love the smile on Jaden's face!! And of course...Mr. Greyson's smile!

Anonymous said...

Jaden is definitely the most handsome P-K kid I know. Of course, I am a little partial!