Friday, September 14, 2012

Summer Catch Up: Matt and Eva's Triathlon

I promised I'd get caught up in my summer blogging, so this post is the start of just that!  This summer Matt and Eva both participated in their first triathlon!!  I was so proud of both of them - they did a GREAT job!!!  Enjoy some pics....
 
 
This is Matt after he had finished the swimming portion of his triathlon and was starting the biking portion...
 
That face is full of determination!!  He was surprised to find that the biking portion was the hardest for him (he expected the swimming to be his hardest)...
 
This was Matt right after he finished running....he got 6th in his age group for the entire triathlon!!  Go Matt!!!
 
Matt and Jaden waiting for Eva's race to start....

Our little girl...ready to ROCK IT!

Swimmers on your mark...get set...GO!  Eva's wearing a blue swim cap (kinda hard to see her).
 
She's out of the water and running to her transition area to start the biking portion of her Triathlon...
 
And she's off....
 
Done with the biking portion...and she's taking to streets on foot!!  Go Eva GO!!!
 
This part of Eva's race was my favorite.  She came around the corner and saw the finish line...and saw a boy in front of her.  I could see it in her eyes...she wanted TO BEAT that boy!!!  She took off like a woman on a mission....and she beat the boy!  As soon as she was done she came running up to me.  I hugged her and said, "AWESOME JOB PEANUT!!!!"  Her response?  She smiled and said, "Do you see that boy over there?  I beat him."
 
That's my girl...
 
Then there is this little cutie patootie!!  He seemed quite confused all morning.  I felt like he was saying, "Ummm...this is NOT our normal morning routine!!!"  He was a good boy!!
 
It was a super fun morning and we are already looking forward to next year!!!  Who knows, maybe we'll be a family of triathletes!!
 
"You learn to do your best even when it's hard, even when you are tired and may be hurting a little bit.  It feels good to show some courage."
--Joe Namath

No comments: