Sunday, September 16, 2012

4 Months Old...


Greyson Steel....you are already 4 months old.  Where does time go?!  Here are a few things I want to remember at this stage of your life...

You are SUCH a happy baby.  People comment frequently on how easily you smile.  I love how your eyes smile right along with you....
 

 
That being said, you DO occasionally have a fussy period.  Usually this happens in the evenings.  When you get super fussy there is not too much we can do that will console you.  You just simply need to cry and that's OK.  This summer we would walk you outside (you LOVE to be outside) and that would help, but now that the evenings are getting a little cooler it's not quite as easy.  Regardless, this does not happen that often.
 
You started to love your baths - it sure took awhile!  I was still bathing you in the bathroom sink at nearly 3 months because you weren't so sure about your baby bathtub.  Now you enjoy it.
 
You have quite a little following of neighbor kiddos that adore you.  Sometimes I giggle because I'll walk into a room and there will be about 6 children huddled around you talking to you (Mommy won't let them touch you - too many germs!).  You are always smiling at them - you love the attention!  I think you'll be well taken care of when you go to school and they are all looking out for you!
 
 
You love to snuggle.  You are my little snuggle bug!
 
Your brother and sister take amazing care of you.  They give you your binki, wipe up spit-up, let me know when you need a diaper change (they haven't tackled that task on their own yet), and occasionally will just hold you and cuddle you.  I've also noticed that when other children are present they become just a teeny bit possessive of you....and I think it's too cute.
 

On Tuesdays and Thursdays it's just you and me kiddo!  Eva and Jaden are both at school so you and I spend a lot of quality time together.  I love it when we have NOTHING on the agenda - we just snuggle and play!  I am soooo very thankful I have this one on one time with you because both your brother and sister got my undivided attention at one time in their lives too (Eva when she was born/little, Jaden after Eva started school, and now you have time too)! 
 
You are a CHUNK!  You are already in 9-12 month clothing!!  The other night we were at Jaden's school and a woman asked me how old you are.  When I told her she said, "Oh my!  He's a chunk!"  Ha!  I love your little baby rolls and find myself kissin' on them alllllll the time!
 
You are an amazing sleeper!  You now sleep COMPLETELY through the night - not even waking for your pacifier. 
 
You love TV.  This makes me laugh because I don't like you to watch it, but if it's on it will quickly catch your attention!  I know it's just the colors and movement that attracts you but I find myself quickly occupying your attention with something else!  Ha!
 
 
Simply put, you are an amazing little guy Greyson and you have brought us so much love and happiness!!  Love you little guy!

4 comments:

Jami said...

I LOVE these picture, Jamie. He is such a cutie!

Watson's said...

God knew exactly what He was doing when He blessed us with you, Greyson. We all love you so much!

Matt said...

Love my baby boy...love all my "babies"...and love my wife! What a fantastic mother you are!

Anonymous said...

I love all of my grandchildren. However, when Greyson decided to join the family he took the attention of everyone, including Lilly and Kallie. This, of course, includes Jayden and Eva. Oh, did I mention, Grandpa and Grandma Fisher have fallen in love with you also.