Soooo....since I've returned from the hospital I'm on semi-bedrest. What this means is that I spend MOST of my day sitting with my feet up. I've officially started calling my bed my "Lily Pad". It's kind of my Command Central. On top of the time I spend with my kiddos here - snuggling, playing games, reading, etc. - I also keep a lot of what I need literally at my fingertips. Here's a look at what it looks like...
Let me give you a little tour, starting at the left....
1. Red Uno Attack Game - this seems to stay on my lily pad because the kiddos and I get in knock-down-drag-out Uno wars. Love it!
2. Remote - I keep this handy on my lily pad...but I rarely use it. I'm not a TV watcher. Occasionally I'll turn on the news or look for something good, but I really think I could live without the TV.
3. Zebra Print Planner - yep, I'm still old-school. I don't keep my daily planner on my iPhone, but would rather have an old school planner. This sits on my lily pad because I literally cleared my entire schedule (that's also why the phone book is sitting there). The schedule for my kiddos and I now consists of a whole bunch of nothing....and I'm kind of enjoying it.
4. Blue/Orange Isaac Band - our family wears these bands in support of Isaac, the 6 year old son of a friend of ours that has brain cancer. These bands are literally ALL OVER our house. We have them everywhere. I'm not sure why one was sitting on my lily pad that day....but it doesn't surprise me.
5. Folded towels - folding laundry is easy to do from my lily pad! It's one way I can help!!!
6. Mail - I loooove looking through the mail each day. Always have. So, on my lily pad it sits.
Last, but not least....
7. Pioneer Woman Cookbook - this sits on my lily pad for two reasons. The first is that I just finished her novel and loved it. I got out my cookbook to look at pictures of her and her family. Second, it sits there because I honestly miss cooking big meals. I am still allowed to cook, but I'm keeping things pretty simple. I've gone through the cookbook and marked some goodies to make my family after this baby is born and I can relish in making nice meals again.
There you go my friends....a little peek into my world right now, as well as a tour of my lily pad!!! Have a great day!
XOXO....
Jamie

No comments:
Post a Comment