Monday, August 23, 2010

My Photography Journey....

So it's officially been a year that I've been doing photography. That amazes me. When I think about the learning curve I've gone through this past year I nearly giggle. Don't get me wrong, I still have so much to learn, but as I've always said that is part of what I love about it.

Growing...learning...pushing myself. It feels good to do that - in fact I've found I crave it.

I've found that I often look at so many things through a photographers eye now...as if I am looking at the world through the lens of my camera. When I see vivid colors I think of the saturation of them. I no longer look at images in a magazine and just flip through them - I am constantly looking at them from the photographers point of view....questioning things like lighting and camera settings. It's never ending.

The whole world of photography is huge....but inch by inch...session by session...I'm making my own little mark.

And that feels good.

Below are just a few of my favorite pictures from an array of recent sessions...


















"I have a lot to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly."
--Oprah

6 comments:

Katy said...

Love your photography! So beautiful! I had my first session the other day! :) It went ok..I will post them on fb soon..let me know what you think!

JoyfulHeart said...

Congrats from your biggest fan! Not only am I thankful and blessed that we share the same vision in so many things, I am also grateful for the beautiful friendship you have given me!!! May your photography journey continue to capture images that draw close to everyone's heart.
-U

Kimberly said...

You are so talented my friend! What a year of joys and learning you have had.....what a blessing for you.

Matt said...

I'm so proud of you J!

beachy keen girl said...

Great job Jamie :) Love seeing your work.

Stacey said...

Love it Jamie! I am so happy for you :)