Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The things the kiddos say....

I've always been a fan of the adorable things children say. Way back when I was teaching I even had a journal where I wrote some of my favorite quotes down. To this day it cracks me up to go back and read them. Eva and Jaden are both at an age where some of the things that come out of their mouths have me both laughing...and sometimes crying because I am so touched. I thought I would share a few of my recent favorites...

The moon is a big deal at our house. We often say, "I love you to the moon and back" to eachother and Jaden especially is always noticing when the moon is in the sky. On a recent business trip in Canada Matt sent Eva and Jaden a picture of the moon from his phone. The kiddies and I were out and about so we pulled over and took a picture of the moon here to send to him. I explained to them that even though Daddy is far away...the exact same moon is shining down on all of us. Eva sat quietly and watched the moon out of her car window and then quietly said to me, "Mommy, what if the moon doesn't follow us home tonight?"

I loved it...and got a little teary eyed. My little girl thought that the reason we can always see the moon is because it was following us...and following her Daddy too. Such a precious little thought.
*********************

On a much sillier note, Jaden has been fighting a cold lately. On the way to pick Eva up from school today he said he wanted some juice. I responded, "That's a good idea buddy! A little juice might feel good on your throat."

He looked completely panicked, started crying, and said, "I don't want to put it on my throat!!! I want to DRINK it!!!!!"

I couldn't hold in my laughter.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

the moon thing ... that is adorable! i have said to my kids for as long as i can remember "i love you to the moon and back ..." to which my now-15yo daughter used to reply "i love you to the moon in front!"