Our little girl is finishing up her first year of T-ball. This is something Eva has wanted to do since she was very, very young. She's always loved sports. Always loved the feeling of controlling a ball.....whether with a racket, a bat, or with her bare hand while she shoots hoops.She's learned a lot this year and it's been fun to watch. Prior to this year she knew about hitting....but not much about fielding. She's had to learn that she can't chase the ball down from across the diamond. She's learned she has to rely on her teammates. She's learned she has to listen to her coaches.
She's still got a lot to learn...but I love experiencing the process and watching her grow. I've been sure to take pictures and capture video. Some day we will watch these videos and look at the pictures and giggle...we'll see how much she has learned and how far she has come.
Until then, I'm enjoying every single moment of watching this little girl in action. Savoring the fact that she still waves at me from second base and loving the fact that occasionally when the game gets a little long she still plays in the dirt around the base. She's 5...and she's playing a game she loves....life couldn't be better.
"Baseball was made for kids...grown ups only mess it up."
--Bob Lemon
3 comments:
Look at her go, and a purple mitt, how fun! Such a little talented athlete!
Awesome!
Reminds of myself when I was a little one! Way to go, Eva!
Post a Comment