Friday, June 11, 2010

A Day JUST for HER.....

Eva and some of her friends were recently treated to a very special day....a day full of fun and surprises! You see.....I have a group of friends that I have known since high school...and we all have girls that are pretty much the same age.

And waaaaaaaaay back last winter we started planning a little Mama and Daughter outing for these lovely little girls.

And we have been sooo excited and waiting ever so patiently for our special day to come.

And this week the day was FINALLY here!!

We started with a train ride to Chicago! This was Eva's first time on the train and she was ECSTATIC! Here are the lovely little ladies....
And here are the Mama's......
Once we got to Chicago we made our way to the American Girl Doll store. Eva was SUPER excited to pick out an American Girl Doll....and even more excited to pick out a sports outfit for her!!

After going through all of the dolls Eva decided on JULIE! I called Matt right away to tell him we were now grandparents! Ha! Here are two of the proud little Mama's with their new dolls....
Afterwards we all enjoyed an amazing lunch at the Grand Luxe....
After lunch we took a trolley ride to Navy Pier! The little ones were soooo excited about the trolley! I love how you can see the excitement in their faces...
Once at Navy Pier we went straight to the rides!!! The first one we rode on was the ENORMOUS Ferris wheel! I'm not gonna lie....I was a little nervous about it...but Eva wanted to ride it and this day was alllllll about her!!!!!
Me and my special little girl heading towards the top of the Ferris wheel!!!! She loved it!
We spent some time in front of the silly mirrors....and I'm not kidding when I say that I was laughing so hard I thought I was gonna pee my pants! Hilarious.
The day would not have been complete without a little ice cream....
After Navy Pier we ventured over to Lego World. The girls were amazed at the Lego creations in this fun place!All I gotta say is this is a whole bunch of cuteness....
After Lego World we went to Millennium Park and...welll....just kinda hung out (ha!)...
Eva and I in front of "the bean" at Millennium Park...
The day ended with a quick trip to Subway to get our dinners for the train ride home...

This was SUCH a special day...and one that I will always remember. I loved seeing the excitement in Eva's eyes. I loved to hear the enthusiasm in her voice. I loved to see her soak in things that I too often take for granted.

I loved that it was a YES day. "Can we ride the ride two times?" YES! "Can we get ice cream?" YES! "Can we run?!" ABSOLUTELY! "Can we get our feet wet?" YES!

I loved that I got to spend the whooooole day with just my little girl. A little girl that is growing up too fast right before my very eyes.

And last, but not least, I loved that at the end of the day when I was snuggled up with her on the train I asked her what her very favorite part of the trip was....Eva thought and thought and said she could come up with just one thing.

She said she loved it all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I. Love. It.
What an awesome day. Glad you were able to do this!
Angel

Kimberly said...

What a special "Girls" day. Eva is so cute with her new doll, she is so proud of her treasure!

Jami said...

What a special day. You are making special memories for her, Jamie!