Friday, April 5, 2013

Spring Break is a BUST!

This week is Spring Break for my kiddos.  We decided not to travel this year for Spring Break and since we had no travel plans I was planning all kinds of fun activities we could do together....trips to the park, picnics, maybe a visit to the zoo, etc.

Then Jaden got stomach flu.
Then Eva got viral pneumonia.
Then Greyson started teething something fierce.
Then Greyson got an ear infection.
Then Jaden got a croupy cough.

To say this spring break has been a bit of a bust would be an understatement!!!!  Ha!!  Even my best efforts to try to make things fun have not worked out (a trip to the park yesterday was cut short because the running around was making 2 of them cough too much).

Soooo.....this Mama is just going to smile and continue to see the positive.

I'm thankful we didn't plan to go anywhere for spring break.
I'm thankful my kiddos are comfy, cozy, and getting much better.
I'm thankful I like wine.  Lots and lots of wine.  

I'm gonna need it at the end of this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give extra hugs and kisses to them all from Aunt Kathy. Love them!

On the bright side ~ at least Matt isn't sick :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when we going to go to TX for Thanksgiving and Matt came down with strep throat. The doctor told us to double up on the antibiotics for the 1900 mile trip. WE did; he coughed and coughed, but my the time we got to Grandma's place he was better. Not 100%; but better.