After we picked Eva up from school we went out to lunch together (and we were lucky enough to have my sis join us)...such a special treat! Afterwards the kiddies and I came home and all three of us took a looooooong winter's nap. I loved it. When I am sandwiched between my kiddies like that and can feel their little breath on my cheek I just soak it in.
After we woke up Eva and Jaden got bundled up to go play in the snow while I made some hot cocoa for all of us (we have a tradition in our house that we don't drink hot cocoa until the first true snow of the season).
After that we did one of my favorite Christmas time things....
We turned on Christmas music, started a fire, and snuggled up by the Christmas tree to color. I loved it...again, soaking in the moment.These times are so special to me...so so so special.
"Welcome Christmas, bring your cheer. Cheer to all far and near. Christmas Day is in our grasp so long as we have hands to clasp. Christmas Day will always be just as long as we have we. Welcome Christmas while we stand...heart to heart and hand in hand."
--How the Grinch Stole Christmas
1 comment:
LOVE this time of the year and snuggling in! Especially with the kiddos the ages they are, it is great!
Post a Comment