Monday, October 25, 2010

Disney World 2010

Our family just returned from a magical vacation! I will be the first to admit I'm not much of a "character" person. I rarely dress my children in character clothing and I don't have a lot of character stuff in our home....however....there IS something magical about Disney World.

This is the second time we've gone to Disney with our children....and it's a trip I'll never forget. Disney is so REAL to Eva and Jaden right now. The characters are REAL (One of my favorite comments from Eva was, "that is the REAL Snow White!"). Everything is real. We had such an amazing time and I could seriously write a book on everything that we did and saw...but I decided to just sum it up with a few pictures (well...ok...more than a few....but at least I didn't include the nearly 300 I took)!! Ha!!

The WONDERFUL WORLD of DISNEY!
The MAGIC is real at this special place...
My little pirates! I should also note here that Eva and Jaden looooved the rides! We took them on Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain and they loved it! Obviously they were both a bit smitten with the whole pirate thing too!!
Our resort was beautiful and we would stay there again in a heartbeat! This is the view from our room...
My little girl on the beach...
The resort had three pools, but this is the one we spent the most time at. There was a huge water slide that started at the top of the waterfall and ended just under the bridge. I think Eva and Jaden went down it 100 times...then again Matt and I joined them on it quite a bit too!!
We visited with the characters as often as we could! We had dinner with them one evening, and made sure we got to spend time with them at Disney World too. The little ones were just in complete awe...

We spent one afternoon at Epcot!

Matt, Eva, and Jaden inside Bruce the Shark!
We left the resort area one evening and got dinner at P.F. Changs (one of our favorites) and then enjoyed some miniature golfing!
We attended the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party which was DEFINITELY a highlight of the trip! Eva and Jaden got to dress us in their Halloween outfits, trick-or-treat, enjoy a parade, and mingle with the characters.
To make the evening even more magical, we were able to meet up with our neighbors for the Halloween Party! They just flew in that day and the kiddies were sooooo excited to spend time together so far away from home!
Our last day there we treated ourselves to something special...a poolside cabana!!! It was such a fun little treat! We played, ate lunch in it, and Eva and Jaden were even able to lay down in it during rest time and watch a cartoon on the TV! They thought that was pretty special!
Our last evening there we had dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, the evil Step-mother, and her evil step-sisters. One of the step-sisters, Drizella, took a liking to our little guy. She asked him if he would marry her...and to our surprise he said YES!!! She gave him a BIG ol' kiss...
...which left a BIG ol' kiss mark on his face!
On the way home we always enjoy the view from the plane! Eva and Jaden are such good little travelers.
As I said before....there is just too much to write here! It was fun, exciting, and MAGICAL!!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

love the pics Jamie, what a fun family trip! lots of wonderful memories. miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jam...
GREAT pictures...I think I'll need to be chatting with you soon about some trip planning tips. We're wanting to go next fall break and would love some planning tidbits...where to stay...meal passes or not, etc. Glad you had a great time!! XOXO
Aimee

RosyRose said...

Oh it is such a magical place! Glad you got to go! Love the pic with cinderella:)!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys had a great time. Love the pic of Jaden with the lipstick! Love the look on his face.

Love you all~
Kat