Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Year....BIG GOALS.

I have made a big goal for the new year.  One that I never - in a million years - thought I would make.  

You see, I had planned on running a 10k this year....a simple 6.2 miles.  That WAS my goal.

However, I was planning on running in honor of Isaac, the 7 year old son of our friends who lost his battle with cancer last year.  His parents are putting together a "team" to run in Isaac's name for a local race.  While discussing this is Matt and a good friend (who happens to be a running coach) they both encouraged me to push myself a little harder.  Push myself beyond what I felt my limits were....because THAT is what Isaac did.

So...I decided to run a half marathon.

13.1 miles to be exact.

It's a BIG undertaking for me.  I haven't trained since my triathlon last summer, and even for that I did very little training.  For this race I am going to have to do some MAJOR training.  

It will be hard.
It will hurt.
It will take sacrifice.

It will be worth it.

Wish me luck.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have all the faith in you that this goal that you have set before you will be accomplished. The Bible says, "...and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith...."
(Hebrews 12-1,2)
I am sure that Isaac must have completed his race for Jesus to have called him home.
JEF