"Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string
These are a few of my favorite things"
--The Sound of Music
Every so often I find a few goodies that just bring a little sunshine into my world. Simple things. Nothing too fancy or crazy expensive.....but items I've fallen in love with.
When that happens I feel compelled to share them. I'm a girl that loves reading reviews. I love to know someone else has tried something and loved it. Soooo, think of this post as a few of my BEST reviews for these products. You simply can't go wrong.
NOTE: I am not being paid to endorse any of these products.
Product #1: Hobby Lobby Wrapping Paper
I love, love, love to wrap gifts. I am a big fan of packaging things pretty. That being said, I can't cut straight to save my life AND I can't stand cheap wrapping paper that tears easily.
--Cue Hallelujah Chorus--
Hellllooooooo Hobby Lobby wrapping paper!!! This paper is the absolute perfect density (not too thin that it tears, not too thick that it doesn't stay taped). On top of that it has a grid on the back for cutting-impaired people like myself. I have now used it for years and it's the ONLY wrapping paper I will buy. It can be pricey, but if you wait until it's 50% off (which is pretty much all the time during the Holidays) you can just stock up!!
Product #2: Vintage Pearl Dogtags
Back when it was the latest obsession to wear mommy-necklaces I found myself running into a problem.
The problem was that I thought they were ugly.
I didn't want 3 little jewelry children dangling off my neck. I'm not a girl that wears colored jewelry (birthstones). I don't care for ornate jewelry. Not that these are BAD things....they are just not me. I like things simple. In a nutshell, I liked the IDEA of having my children close to my heart in a piece of jewelry....but I couldn't find anything that suited my tastes.
Then I was introduced to the Vintage Pearl (www.thevintagepearl.com) and I fell in loooooove with their dogtag necklace. The crazy thing is that it's not a women's necklace. If you look on their website, it's under "Mens Jewelry". Honestly, it kinda makes sense as it's very simple which would suit most guys. However, that kind of design is right up my alley too.
I've had my dogtags now for probably 3 or 4 years and I still wear them regularly. Just a great staple piece and I always seem to get compliments on them.
Product #3: Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Vivienne
Confession...I got this little gem of a lipstick for free. I'm a "Beauty VIP" at Sephora, which roughly translates to "You've-spent-way-too-much-money-here-so-we-give-you-free-things"
Don't judge.
Anyway, I was sent this lipstick and quickly fell in love. It's the perfect every day shade in my opinion. Very natural looking. On top of that it has a bit of a peppermint tingly feel when you apply it (kind of like Burts Bees). I love it so much sometimes I put it on when I'm in my pajamas. Again...don't judge.
To purchase....click here
Product #4: Everyone Soap for Every Kid (favorite scent: Tropical Twist Coconut)
My friend Sarah and I were perusing our local Whole Foods when she came across this product. It is a head to toe wash (think soap, shampoo, and bubble bath). It seemed like a good deal so we both purchased one.
OH MY WORD.
I looooooove it. I started by just using it on the kiddos (the older two use it as soap and bubble bath, but with Greyson I use it as soap, shampoo, and bubble bath). Now I buy it for myself. It smells soooo good. More importantly, I can be kind of health nut and I love that this product is safe and natural. It is non-GMO certified, gluten free, and has no synthetic fragrances.
For those of you that look for that kind of thing - you must try it. For those of you that could care less (I judge not)....you must try it too. Another bonus, a bottle of it is $10 and lasts FOR-E-VER. This coming from a woman that takes ridiculously long showers and uses a ridiculous amount of soap.
To purchase...click here (you can also get it at Whole Foods)
Product #5: Spot It
I love it when I find a game that I love to play as much as my kiddos do. I love it when I find a game that I don't feel I need to "go easy" on them with because otherwise I would win every time.
Spot It is - hands down - one of my favorites.
This is such a simple game. All you are doing is trying to be the first to find a match between your card and the center card. The crazy thing is that it is NOT as easy as it sounds. There is only ONE match on each card (I still haven't figured out how they made it that way). Needless to say, it's easy for Eva or Jaden to completely kick their Mama's rear end in this game and win fair-and-square.
In case you are interested, my other favorite game the whole family can enjoy is called Zingo. Honestly, Jaden started playing it between ages 2 and 3.....and we STILL play it.
To purchase....click here
Well my friends....another "favorite things" blog post has come to an end. I wish I could be like Oprah and tell you that if you now look under your seat all of these amazing products will be sitting there. Ahhh....a girl can wish, right?
xoxo.
Jamie





1 comment:
Just caught this post! Love your list of faves--we are very similar in our tastes ;) And I must say that Eva's gift for me was wrapped beautifully & was not easy to tear ;) I hope you and the family have had a restful, and enjoyable break! Tell Eva I look forward to seeing her very soon :)
Post a Comment