Friday, December 21, 2012

Greyson Steel....8 months


Greyson, you are now nearly 8 months old!!  Time sure flies when you are having fun.  With Eva and Jaden I kept a journal of what they were doing at each month their first year...but with you that is one little tradition that I have not kept.  3 kiddos keep me hopping and I decided that was one thing I could let go.  That being said, one thing you HAVE had that your siblings did not is this blog (another reason I was able to let the other tradition go).  I started this blog when Jaden was 1 year old so his infancy (and Eva's) were not recorded on it....your is.  Here are just a few things you are doing - and we are sure enjoying - at this stage of your little life...

You have been rolling over (both ways) for quite awhile now.  While you may not be crawling yet, you sure are mobile!!!  I can't leave you alone in a room or you just keep rolling until something stops you!

On that note, I had you laying on the floor between the kitchen and living room one morning.  I turned my back for an instant to do something (probably make your bottle) and when I turned around you were on the OTHER side of the living room.  Knowing full well that you can't move quite THAT fast I asked Eva and Jaden how you got over there.  Without batting an eye Eva said, "I dragged him over there by his feet.  He loved it!!"   I laughed...and then informed her that even though that is pretty darn funny it probably wasn't the best choice (but you DID love it).  Ha!

Along with rolling you are also able to lay flat on your back and scoot with your legs.  Needless to say, pretty darn funny!

You wake up SO happy all the time.  Always smiling and "talking".  When you see Daddy or myself walk into the room to pick you up out of your crib you start kicking your legs really fast. 

You love food!  The only thing I've tried giving you that you haven't liked is avocado.  Other than that you seem to love all the veggies and grains you have tried.  You still have awhile until we start you on meats.

I love to dress you.  Whoever said boys aren't as fun to dress is crazy.  You have some absolutely adorable clothing....and I may have a slight addiction to buying it for you.  Since you are probably my last little one I just can't resist.

I love your spontaneous giggles.  Sometimes something will catch your eye and you'll start belly laughing...but it takes me awhile to figure out what you are looking at.  For example, yesterday in the car you were CRACKING UP.  After awhile we realized that you thought it was funny that Eva was flipping her hair when she was trying to get it out of her eyes. 

You are pretty partial to your mama...and that's ok.  Your brother and sister went through the same phase. 

Daddy and I have officially started saving for your college fund.  I look at you now and that just seems crazy....but I know that time passes quickly and before we know it those days will be upon us. 

You take a morning nap, an afternoon nap, and an evening "cat nap".  Around 6:00 at night you always get a little fussy and after a 10-15 minute nap you are much better.  I think it's adorable.  During your other naps I always have you sleep in your crib....but during your cat nap I love to just hold you and snuggle you.

Greyson Steel, you are SUCH a good baby.  So easy-going and always smiling.  Mommy and Daddy love you more than you will ever know!!  

No comments: