School starts this week.
Whhaaaaaaaat??!?!??!???!!!
I feel like summer just started and now 2 of my 3 are heading to school. Yep, Jaden starts school this year too and he is PUMPED! I can't believe it.
That being said, this summer has been extremely busy, but also extremely fun. So fun that blogging has obviously taken a back burner. It just doesn't seem to be a priority when my days are so full....yet I have this overwhelming urge to document everything. I don't want to forget these days. This afternoon I took a leisurely nap on the back porch. When I awoke my mind was swirling....swirling with all that this summer has held and all that I didn't want to forget. Ever.
So I am vowing to catch myself back up. Once the kiddies are in school it will be a bit easier.
Here are a few things that are on my mind right now about this summer....
* I love having 3 kiddos. Yes, my hands are full - very full at times - but I seriously wouldn't have it any other way. The interaction between the 3 of them gets more and more precious. Eva and Jaden wanting to help their baby brother, and Greyson rewarding them for their help with smiles and coos. I love that at one point this summer I was showering and Greyson was sitting in the bathroom with me. He started fussing and without me even saying a word Jaden came in, calmed him down, and gave him his binki. I smiled. A few minutes later Greyson started fussing again. Next thing I knew Eva walked in and did the same thing. She calmed him down and gave him his binki - and I never asked her to. I love that they feel a sense of responsibility for him.
* Greyson is already 3 months. He is SUCH a good baby. He has been sleeping through the night since he was 2 and a half months old and wakes each and every morning with the biggest smile on his face. He's also a chunky little monkey. He loves his bottle and freaks out a little if he doesn't get it on time! Today we are starting him on cereal - kind of a big deal in our house. I didn't start the other kiddos until they were 4 months old, but Greyson is about 2 weeks away from that and he is READY. Kiddo loves to eat! Ha!
*One of my favorite things to do with Greyson is sit on the back porch. He loves being outside. Around 7:00 at night he always gets a little fussy. I love to just snuggle him up on the back porch at that time and he nearly always calms down. Not sure what we are going to do when it's cold outside because baby boy loves the heat!
* Eva and Jaden made a summer bucket list and one of the items was to go to a local water park. Obviously Greyson would not have been able to participate while we were there unless I sat with him and watched the kiddos. I often do that - I love for all of us to be together - however, this time I wanted to be TRULY present for them. I got a sitter for Greyson and the 3 of us headed to the Flea Market in the morning (another bucket list item for them), out to lunch with Daddy, and then on to the water park. I can't even describe how much fun I had with them. I may have been the only adult acting like a 5 year old but I had a BLAST. We went down all the watersides, we stood under the huge bucket of water and let it dump on our heads, we floated down the lazy river, and we jumped our way across the lily pads. We played HARD and we laughed HARD. I even offered a snack break and the kiddos had no interest...we were simply having too much fun. It was honestly one of the best days I've ever had with Eva and Jaden and I will always remember it.
*Eva and Matt did their first triathlon this month. Can't even tell you how proud I am of both of them. Pics to come.
* Funny story....during lunch this week Jaden said something to his sister in a tone that I didn't like. I reprimanded him for it. He started crying. When I questioned why he was crying he said, "You embarrassed me when you got angry at me" (side note: Jaden embarrasses easily and considering it was just the 3 of us sitting there I don't think it was too bad). Anway, I told him that it upsets me when I hear him talking to people the way he was talking to his sister. Eva chimed in and said, "It's simple Jaden, if Mommy makes her angry face then you know you did something wrong!" Hilarious. You better bet I asked her to demonstrate that "angry face" to me. The whole conversation ended with the 3 of us laughing hysterically!! Ha!
Well, that's just a little peek into some of our summer....much more to come!!
XOXO...
Jamie
*
1 comment:
Just wanted to say hi! Sounds like a fantastic summer, such a shame it has to end. I'm sort of in shock too, it's over too soon, as usual. Here's to looking forward to fall!
Post a Comment